Not too many more of these monthly updates left! This first year has really flown by. I love watching Owen grow and change, but it is bittersweet to realize that my tiny infant is gone forever!
Here’s what Owen was up to in February (month 11):
- Vital stats: 19.6 lb.; 30″ long. Wearing 12-18-month clothes and size 4 shoes. Still only 8 teeth; those first molars are taking their time!
- Likes: Pineapple, pizza, graham crackers, ice cream (I probably shouldn’t have given him that, but he begged for it and loved it); throwing toys down the stairs; brushing his teeth; drinking from a straw; spitting (sigh); playing with shoelaces; baths; “wrestling” with daddy. He’s also OBSESSED with this book of dog pictures–he begs to read it about 10 times a day (sometimes it’s the first thing he points at when he wakes up!) and laughs his head off every time we read it to him. So cute!
- Dislikes: His car seat; having toys taken away.
- Accomplishments: Standing unsupported (a couple of times); squatting; shaking his head “no”; babbling “mama” and “dada” all day; walking while holding our hands.
- Challenges: Owen fell down two steps by our front door and got his first split lip. Even worse, it was while Robby was traveling for work so I had to deal with the blood and screaming all by myself–though I think it was more traumatic for me than for Owen! We also traveled to Atlanta for a family wedding, which was fun, but Owen’s sleep schedule got totally wrecked. He barely slept the whole time we were there, and it took him almost 2 weeks to get back on track.