December seems to be the month for bathroom remodels around here…in 2012, we re-did our downstairs powder room, and in 2013 we took on our full bathroom upstairs. This time, with a baby and Robby working long hours, we actually paid a remodeling company to do the work for us. I hate that we had to pay for work we could have done ourselves, but I’m so glad we didn’t have to spend every moment of our precious spare time working on the bathroom.
The process was kind of difficult, since the work ended up taking 2.5 weeks. Which means 2.5 weeks without a sink or toilet upstairs, and 2.5 weeks of trying to keep the dog and baby away from a construction site. But it was all worth it in the end, and I love how fresh and clean the bathroom feels now!
Here’s how the room looked before (it’s looked like this since it was built in 1981, yikes):
And this is after demolishing everything but the shower:
And, finally, the finished product!
Now that we’ve re-done the flooring, ceilings, kitchen, powder room, and upstairs bathroom, I think we’ve finally finished all of our larger-scale remodeling projects! All that’s left to do to finally make this house complete is to update the fireplace (a mantel-less monstrosity covered in pink tile and tarnished brass), paint trim and doors, and switch out the doorknobs. Yay!