Until I tried it, I had no idea how easy it is to make your own pasta sauce. Seriously, there are only 3 steps, and the hardest part is chopping up some garlic! Here’s the recipe, adapted from the Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine:
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28-0z. can diced peeled tomatoes, with their juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. pasta
- Heat the olive oil, parsley, and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and lower the heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer until the tomato juices have evaporated. This should take about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, boil water and cook the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and serve with the sauce, plus salad and rolls to finish it all off.