One of the things that helps me stay organized is planning our meals in advance. I take about 30 minutes a week to sit down with the calendar (Robby and I sync our Google Calendars–ah, geek love!), my cookbooks, the grocery list, and my coupons, and plan out about 7-10 days’ worth of meals. Then I list the meals and cookbook pages on a magnetic calendar on the fridge, organize my coupons, and hit the grocery store to shop for all the ingredients.
I love this system because I don’t have to think much when I get home from work–I just look at the menu on the fridge, look up the recipe, pull out the ingredients, and get cooking!
I usually try to plan quick and easy things during the week since we’re so busy, but I use the weekends to try out new or more complicated recipes.
So, without further ado, here are the meals we enjoyed last week:
- Sunday: Hamburgers and pasta salad
- Monday: Chicken potstickers and brown rice
- Tuesday: Kim worked until 8, so we just had sandwiches
- Wednesday: Lasagna rolls and green beans
- Thursday: BBQ pork loin with salad and rolls
- Friday: Steak and mashed potatoes
- Saturday: Ham, egg, and cheese panini