Adapted from a recipe I found in Real Simple magazine. Makes 4 large servings.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 16-oz. can refried beans
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into four equal-sized pieces.
- Stretch each piece of dough into an approx. 6-inch square.
- Spread 2-3 tbsp. beans onto each empanada. Top with 2 tsp. salsa and a bit of shredded cheese.
- Fold dough over and press edges to seal shut.
- Brush each empanada with a bit of olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until empanadas are golden brown.
- Serve with chips and salsa. Also good with a side of corn.