So this isn’t quite as exciting as my last post (how can you top Jeopardy!?), but it’s made a big difference in how our bedroom looks. I finally got around to painting Robby’s nightstand!
Here’s a reminder of how our bedroom furniture used to look (from this post on creating an upholstered headboard):
We found my nightstand (on the left) on Craigslist a few years back.
The seller only had one, and since Robby’s current nightstand is nice solid wood I decided that I would paint his black to match…I just never got around to it until last month!
I had seen this tutorial a few times on Pinterest, and was impressed with the results. So I decided to follow the directions exactly, even though it meant dragging Robby to 2 different paint stores to find the right wood enamel.
I didn’t get quite as smooth a finish as the original painter, but I still think it turned out pretty well. And with the addition of new brushed-chrome knobs, our nightstands finally (almost) match!